Top 5 suggestions for avoiding the ‘Sibling Rivalry’
1. Focus on each child’s individual strengths. It is very unlikely that one child is weak in every area even with an age difference. What is usually the case is they both have strong and weak points.
2. Speak to the parents and explain that they should monitor their children and be aware that one will often progress faster. Usually the older one.
3. Praise the strengths of both children in front of parents. This will go along way in boosting their confidence
4. Encourage teamwork. Get them to support and encourage each other.
5. Tell them how lucky they are to have two talented guitarists in the one house.