GUITAR TEACHING MADE EASY
Teaching Guitar Is Ultimately About Freedom Right?
If you want to achieve success as a guitar teacher you need to begin by being honest with yourself. While you may very well love teaching make no mistake, you are in it to make money. Perhaps a better to way to look at it, is you are looking for the freedom that comes from running a financially successful guitar teaching business. To achieve this you need to be delivering value to others through your guitar teaching. So the important first step is being clear about how much money you will need to achieve freedom. Write down a number you would need to receive each week to achieve that sense of freedom.
When Do You Want It By?
The next step is to define a timeline. Long term goals are important but my guess is you don't want to wait years to see results. Write your long term goals down but then write down what you want to achieve in the next 3 months and lets get to work. Make it ambitious but somewhat achievable and lets get to work.
So, 3 Months From Now?
I think you are smart enough to know you are not likely to make a million dollars in the next 3 months so how about we pick a more realistic number. In 3 months following my advice you can add 20 students to your current schedule. If you charge them $25 each per week thats $500 per week. Now that may not be the fortune you were looking for but here is the thing. It shows you whats possible and is the first step in your journey.
Small Steps Make Big Goals Achievable
Keeping the 3 month goal achievable is very important. When we set short term goals too high we are far more likely to fail. When we fail we lose faith and more easily quit. I am not saying that you shouldn't think big. You should, but save your big goals for the long term. Start small to PROVE TO YOURSELF that you can achieve goals. When we achieve small victories our confidence grows. Small steps over time add up and make big goals achievable.
A Simple Plan To Your First 20 Students
Getting your first 20 students is not hard but it does require a commitment from you. Let me break it down in to pure numbers. You will need approximately 40 inquiries if 50% signup. To get 50 inquiries you need to get your marketing in front of about 40,000 people. Your marketing does need to be well designed of course but if done right you'll get the result. To get in front of 40,000 people you have a few choices. For example I recommend Facebook ads or Google Adwords or local flyer distribution. These are all well tested and proven but I stress YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT AD CAMPAIGN. Poorly designed ads will not work.
Designing Your Ad Campaign
An ad campaign consists of several factors from the ad design itself to demographics, timing, offer etc. Getting all this right is very a science and art and generally takes years of experience and trial and error to get maximum results. You can take the long road and test ad campaign designs yourself or you can save time and use one thats already proven itself.
Presenting The G4 GUITAR Fast Track To Your First 20 Students
G4 GUITAR has a long history (over 30 years) in the business of teaching guitar. When it comes to ad campaigns for guitar students no one knows the business like we do. Our proven ad campaigns are consistent winners and can work for anyone. By following not just our ad campaign layouts but our general business philosophies you'll reach your 20 students in 3 months and be well on your way to FREEDOM.
What's The Deal?
There are several options depending on what you feel you need. Some teachers just want some advice while others want tools and yet others want a full support and a proven plan. Each to their own as they say. We offer various options (see below) to cater to your particular needs. We have the advice in the form of training, the tools in terms of a complete method of teaching and software to manage your operation and, full support if you need it. Here are some of the products and services we offer.
- Marketing. G4 will help you to FIND students. More students than you'll probably need through effective, tested and proven marketing strategies.
- Sales Training: It doesn't matter how good a guitar teacher you are if you lack sales skills. I would say poor sales skills are the main reason guitar teachers struggle but the more to it. The fact is, selling anything requires a well crafted script. At G4 we have spent many years developing our script which is backed up with training to ensure a high success rate.
- Teaching. G4 is a complete program that will not only make your teaching easy but, will save hundreds of hours in lesson planning while also ensure your students learn to play guitar successfully.
- Student Management Application: A comprehensive software package 'exclusive' to G4 GUITAR. One of the biggest challenges today for all of us is staying organised. Technology now offers many great apps for music teachers but finding the perfect one for guitar teachers is near impossible. At G4 we have created the G4 Guitar Teacher Student Management App (SMA) that will help you to not just stay organised but to save time and energy and ultimately be more productive.
- Training & Support: The value of any training can't be overstated. Studies show that the investment you make today in training will pay off for you many times over. Most guitar teachers do not seek out training so the 1% who do end up dominating their competition.
- Retaining students. G4 will help you to retain students. Most teachers complain that they lose students too soon. They often believe the problem is the student but the truth is, the problem is usually their program and lack of training.
- Getting Referrals: The fastest way to grow your guitar teaching business is through referrals. Believe or not there are strategies you can use to increase referrals. We will teach you how to increase your numbers and ultimately grow your students numbers quickly.
The Secret to Success is LEVERAGE
Did you know?
- Guitar teachers are among the LOWEST INCOME EARNERS?
- ONLY a very small percentage will ever EARN OVER $100,000 per year?
- The HIGHEST EARNERS are NOT necessarily more talented, experienced or even luckier than you?
LOW and HIGH Income Earners
There are 2 KINDS of guitar teachers. The high earners (the small minority) and the low earners (the great majority). While you might think the difference in earnings is based on experience, skill or just plain luck NONE of these reasons are accurate. What separates the HIGH EARNERS from the low earning majority is LEVERAGE.
The Secret to Success is LEVERAGE
What is LEVERAGE?
Leverage in our case means SERVING MORE people with LESS EFFORT. Almost every successful business uses leverage in one way or another. Leverage and technology are synonymous. All technology is really about getting more productivity for less effort. If you are not applying leverage in your business you will be at a distinct disadvantage. To be financially successful as a guitar teacher YOU MUST LEVERAGE by doing the following;
HIGH earners understand LEVERAGE
Most guitar teachers FAIL to earn a decent income from teaching because THEY DON'T LEVERAGE. In other words, they TEACH ONE STUDENT AT A TIME. This would be like a professional musician playing to one person at a time or a restaurant only serving one table at a time. IT'S ABSURB yet the majority of guitar teachers operate this way. Successful bands like Metallica wouldn't be where they are today by playing in front of one person at a time. They are constantly leveraging themselves by playing to large audiences as well as playing video clips on TV and other media.
LEVERAGE your teaching
Group teaching is the key to leveraging your teaching and its the only way (apart from charging $100+ per 30 min lesson) you'll ever earn $100,000 per year! In almost every industry the HIGHEST EARNERS are those who SERVE THE MOST PEOPLE. The highest paid sports stars, musicians, actors etc are the ones with the most fans. They reach the most people. The HIGHEST PAID guitar teachers are the ones who TEACH in GROUPS.
GROUP Teaching is not hard but requires a DIFFERENT skill set
Group teaching is VERY DIFFERENT to private teaching. It requires organisation and structured systems and that do take considerable time and effort work. YEARS in fact but don't let that scare you off just year. Once again you can and should APPLY LEVERAGE to save you valuable time and energy so you can FOCUS on teaching and be earning $100,000 per year sooner.
GET PAID $100,000 or more per year by TEACHING GROUPS
IMAGINE earning $100,000+ per year working LESS than 20 hours per week doing EXACTLY what you LOVE! While it may sound too good to be true let me assure you IT'S VERY POSSIBLE via group teaching. The BIGGEST barrier to your success is YOU! Most people get stuck in life because they get stuck on an idea. STOP BELIEVING PRIVATE LESSONS are the only way to teach guitar successfully. The SOONER you break out of that mindset the sooner you'll be EARNING MORE and WORKING LESS.
LEVERAGE your time
What does an average private guitar teacher earn anyway? While many 'charge' about $30 per 30 minute lesson the reality is they EARN LESS THAN $12 per hour for their time. For years I thought what I was charging was what I was earning but one day I WOKE UP! You must account for MISSED and UNPAID lessons, holidays, preparation time and operational costs like rent, insurance, advertising etc. I calculated that most private guitar teachers really EARN UNDER $12 per hour when you account for all of the above. Thats LESS than minimum wage. Thats CRAZY!
LEVERAGE your experience
"Smart people learn from their mistakes. Wise people learn from other's mistakes"
You can spend years at the school of 'hard knocks' or you can take a shortcut and learn from the experience of others. One book can literally be full of decades of experience. As they say 'the more you learn the more you earn'. If you want to leverage experience read books, attend courses and seek out mentors. To test your current standing in this regard ask yourself the following questions;
- How many business, marketing or sales courses have you attended?
- How many books have you read on the topic of business, marketing and sales?
- How much time have you spent with a business coach talking about your business?
Some of the Benefits of G4 GUITAR
- Teacher Training - You will also gain access to our comprehensive guitar teacher training website. This includes full access to the G4 GUITAR METHOD along with our complete business plan and business training. You'll find everything you need to operate a successful guitar teaching business in one place including how to find, teach and keep students long term.
- Business Training - Your guitar teaching is only a part of the success equation. Having a proven business plan, marketing plan and the general business skills to be successful are critical.
- G4 GUITAR METHOD - will give you a complete set of resources for teaching guitar saving you many many hours and making your job easy.
- Support - You can ask questions anytime via email or in our 'Member Only' group on Facebook. We are here to support you in whatever way you need to ensure your success.
- Student Management Application - We have a complete dedicated software package that will help you manage your students and your business. The package allows you to operate a timetable, print certificates, track inquiries, run reports and more. This is unique to G4 GUITAR.
- Much More - There are many other benefits but we hope the above gives you an idea of the enormous value of membership.
LEVERAGE our Student Management Application
Included in our Franchise Membership is the G4 GUITAR Student Management Application is a highly sophisticated FileMaker application designed to run a large portion of your guitar teaching business. The application is a CRM (Customer Relationship Management), Student Timetable, Customized Printing, Student & Business Report and more all in one. Watch the video below for a quick overview.
LEVERAGE our experience
“After 10 years, only 16 percent of existing start-ups are still in business." - Katie Fagan (FranNet)
Business is hard. REALLY HARD! Most businesses WILL FAIL and even the ones that survive will barely make ends meet. I was personally troubled to see so many good guitar teachers STRUGGLING TO FIND STUDENTS so I created the G4 GUITAR SCHOOLS Franchise to LEVERAGE my experience. I came to understand that the reason so many guitar teachers struggle was due to a feeling of being OVERWHELMED. There is simply too much to do and know for anyone guitar teacher trying to compete and succeed. My goal is to help guitar teachers reduce the workload and leverage to EARN MORE & WORK LESS.
LEVERAGE our resources
G4 GUITAR is a complete guitar teaching and business system that makes it EASY to EARN $100,000 per year or more by teaching students in groups. No other system is as comprehensive or as well tested as G4 GUITAR.
Developing an effective system for teaching guitar and running your business takes years, even decades especially if you plan to group teach. SAVE YOURSELF the hassle by leveraging our investment so you can focus on the actual teaching and day to day running of your business. The G4 GUITAR approach is about offering an easy-to-follow complete method for teachers to ultimately SAVE YOU TIME AND MONEY. We strongly believe that without a system or method of teaching with clear benchmarks students will lack a sense of progress which is a vital component of success.
David Hart has dedicated his life to guitar teaching, and has a wealth of practical knowledge to share. Support this guy, and you'll be supporting thousands of aspiring guitar teachers who will benefit from David's wealth of knowledge. Do yourselves a favour, and study David's book, and avoid the trial and error of figuring it all out for yourself.
G4 GUITAR Pillars To Success
3 Pillars To Guitar Teaching Success
- A Business Plan. The G4 GUITAR METHOD provides you with a proven business plan with specific goals and instructions for both you and your students to provide reliable and predictable results.
- Teacher & Business Training. G4 GUITAR offers teachers comprehensive training not just as teachers but as entrepreneurs. Our aim is to ensure all G4 GUITAR teachers are of the highest standard to ensure both teacher and student the best outcome.
- Systems. In today's competitive world operating without systems puts you at a huge disadvantage. When you have solid working systems in place your business will run smoothly allowing you to grow and earn $100,000 per year.
I highly value everything that you are doing for me, and the entire G4 network! I am very excited for what comes next for us all!
Oxnard CA, USA
The POWER Of Structure
Henry Ford famously said "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” We need to listen to what students want to ensure we are understanding their goals but, we need to be careful about asking them for the best plan. A pilot solves the problem of getting passengers from A to B but, they should NOT be listening to the passengers when it comes to flying the plane. Doctors asking what medicine you would like to take for your illness could also be potentially fatal. The best products and services in almost any category follow this advice. The best car makers do not take customer requests. Think Ferrari, Mercedes and even Toyota. The best chefs do not take advice from diners. Steve Jobs did not ask people what they wanted a smart phone to look like. Its true that many people want 'made to order' but the best companies rarely 'make to order'. They instead, focus all their energy on designing a great product. The reason we value structure is because it solves the problem of learning/teaching guitar by making it easy for our teachers and students to be clear about what steps to take.
Why does having a 'SENSE OF PROGRESS' matter?
Studies show a 'sense of progress' is the number one determinant of whether someone persists or quits. This has been shown in everything from fitness to career to relationships to playing games. A sense of progress gives us hope. If we don't feel a sense of progress our natural response is to quit which is why so many guitar students quit. An important element to gaining a sense of progress is having a system of measurement. One study showed that people who weighed themselves daily were less likely to gain weight and more likely to stick to their fitness program. Karate in Japan is only two belts. White and black. It was the US Marines who decided to add a series of coloured belts to create a sense of progress from white to black belt. As a result they were able to dramatically reduce the time it took to achieve a black belt. At G4 we have done much the same with guitar by carefully designing levels and checklists. Students get a sense of progress and when we first introduced the checklists back in 2005 even I was surprised by how quickly students progressed and how student dropouts became a rare event.
G4 GUITAR is NOT for every teacher
G4 GUITAR is for those teachers who want and appreciate structure and who are willing to work to our program. We have created a complete teaching and business system design to give you the best chance of success based on decades of experience but for it to work, you need to follow it. G4 is ideally suited to the teacher who want to follow a proven plan.
The support here is amazing.
Adelaide South Australia
G4 GUITAR is 'NOT' for you if...
- You don't like structure. We understand some guitar teachers like to do things in their own way which is great but, for our system to work for you its important to follow our recommendations.
- You don't like teaching skills. G4 is a skills based program. If your approach is to teach students only song requests without skills you probably won’t like G4.
- You don't want to earn $100k per year or more. G4 is designed to help you earn more than average teachers via group teaching. Our goals is for you to own a business not a job.
- You are looking for a get-rich-quick scheme - While we know our plan works if you stick to it all good things take time.
G4 GUITAR TEACHER PLANS
- Access to Teacher Training
- Website + Thrive
$19 / month
Master your teaching
- Access to Teacher Training
- Student Management App
- Access to Business Training
- Website + Thrive
$97 / month
Leverage the G4 brand
- Full member access
- G4 Guitar license
- Website + Thrive + management
- Monthly Hangout
- Marketing Pack
- Database management
- Support group
- Priority support
$250 / month
- Same as Franchise plus;
- $300 per month marketing package
- Monthly Skype meeting 60 mins
$800 / month
SPECIAL OFFER. ENDS SOON!
'Mastery' Plan For The Price Of 'Basic' For First 3 Months
Yes you are reading right. Subscribe now and get Mastery Package for first 3 months.
- Teacher Member Training Site - You will also gain access to our comprehensive guitar teacher training website. This includes full access to the G4 GUITAR METHOD along with our complete business plan and business training. You'll find everything you need to operate a successful guitar teaching business in one place including how to find, teach and keep students long term.
- Support - You can ask questions via email anytime. We are here to support you in whatever way you need.
- Student Management Software - Using Filemaker. We have a complete dedicated software package that will help you manage your students and your business. The package allows you to operate a timetable, print certificates, track inquiries, run reports and more. This is unique to G4 GUITAR and is SUPERIOR to any student management software anywhere.
- Cost - US$19 per month for 3 months then $97 per month thereafter