Music Teacher Website Package
A Fully Functional Website For Music Teachers
Everything You Need For $19 Per Month
What You Get For Just $19 Per Month
- WordPress website
- Thrive Themes (Value $20 per month)
- Wishlist Member (Value $197)
- Online training
Perfect For Music Teachers
We have created this package specifically for music teachers. Having a generic website is simply not enough. Music teachers need a website that provides a membership area for students and a layout that attracts potential students. The WordPress/Thrive/Wishlist combination along with our online training will ensure you get the website possible tools for a website that works for you.
G4 GUITAR TEACHER PLANS
- Includes a WordPress website
- Thrive Themes
- Wishlist Member
- Access to Teacher Training
- Basic support
$19 / month
Master your teaching
- Basic plan PLUS the following
- Access to Business Training
- License to teach using the G4 GUITAR METHOD
- Website + Thrive
- Mastery Support
$97 / month
Leverage the G4 brand
- Listed as an official G4 GUITAR SCHOOL
- License to use the G4 GUITAR name on your marketing
- G4 GUITAR Marketing Pack
- FileMaker Database Solution
- Support group
- Franchise support
$250 / month
Done For You Marketing
- Facebook Ad campaign completely done for you.
- We take care of everything.
- Expect 3+ student enquiries per month
- $600/m & $1000/m options available
WHY 20% OF GUITAR TEACHERS GET 80% OF THE STUDENTS
- Have you ever wondered why 1% of guitar teachers are always fully booked while most struggle to get enough students to pay the rent?
- How is it that a guitar teacher with only 6 months of experience can have twice as many students as a teacher with 20+ years of experience?
- What do the 1% know that other guitar teachers do not?
- Read below and discover the answers...
We Estimate 20% Of Guitar Teachers Get 80% Of The Students
Wikipedia says ' The Pareto Principle states that, for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes.' This can be seen in an almost any area. 80% of your progress on guitar comes from only 20% of your practice. 80% of your income will come from 20% of your students. But what makes this even more interesting is the fact that the teachers with the most students are not necessarily the best guitar players or even the best teachers so why do they get more students?
Why Do Some Teachers Have So Many More Students?
If you want to achieve success as a guitar teacher its important to recognise that guitar playing and teaching skills do not equate to success in business. In the music business it often needs to be pointed out to musicians that its called the 'music business' for a reason. That reason is because its a business. Your music skills alone won't cut it. Without the business skills you will almost certainly fail. The SAME APPLIES TO THE MUSIC TEACHING BUSINESS. The ability to play guitar may qualify you to start teaching guitar and being a good teacher will certainly help build you a reputation but the SKILL OF BUSINESS IS ESSENTIAL TO SUCCESS or to be more precise, marketing and sales skills. If you do not possess these skills you will likely fail or at best, only earn enough money to keep you from being evicted.
The Most Important Business Lesson You Need To Know
So what is the number one thing you need to know to succeed in business as a guitar teacher. Short answer. HOW TO FIND AN ENDLESS SUPPLY OF NEW STUDENTS. Sound simple in theory but how? The reality is the great majority of guitar teachers are either clueless about how to find new students (marketing) or only have a basic understanding. The have rarely if ever done a marketing course. Their approach to marketing is to follow the pack thereby doing what every other teacher does. Its the blind leading the blind for the most part. Real marketing is about standing out. What Seth Godin calls 'The Purple Cow'. In summary brown cows are everywhere so in no way remarkable. A purple cow on the other hand stands out and gets our attention. The smart guitar teachers are the purple cows.
Why Better Is Not Better, Different Is Better
Most guitar teachers falsely believe that by being the best guitarist or best teacher they will be the most sort after guitar teacher in their area. I am sorry to say but it just ain't so. Being better is firstly a matter of opinion. Even if there was some measurable way of claiming you were a superior teacher the beginner guitar student looking for a teacher won't know the difference between your claim of being a great teacher verses the other 10 teachers making the same claim in your area. What people notice are differences. If all the other guitar teachers wear black t-shirts and you wear a pink one you'll stand out. If all the other teachers have website with no video of themselves but you do, you'll stand out. If the other teachers have one or no Google business reviews but you have 25 you will stand out. The lesson here is BEING DIFFERENT BEATS SAME BUT BETTER.
So What's Your Next Best Step?
Lets say you now accept that you need to improve your business skills, where to from here? My advice is to GET CLEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT. Is there an amount you want to be earning? E.g. $100,000 per year. Do you want to be teaching from your home or a commercial studio? Perhaps you want to be teaching 100% online so you are free to work from anywhere. Write down what exactly you to be getting out of your business. Its okay to be selfish here. If you compromise on what you want you will come to resent teaching guitar and the business itself. The business in the end must serve you for you to serve the business and ultimately your students.
So, How About 3 Months From Now?
Within as little as 3 months your student numbers could be double, triple or more with the right marketing. Most teachers whether guitar or otherwise do not develop their business skills. Guitar teachers are especially guilty in this area so it should come as no surprise that the small percentage of guitar teachers who do undergo business training far out stripped the average untrained guitar teacher. With just 3 months of the right training there will be a noticeable difference between you and the average guitar teacher. A noticeable difference that will ultimately see you enrolling 80% of guitar students in any location.
Think Big But Start Small
I believe in BIG GOALS but I also believe in keeping expectations in check. Its great to go for the big goal but don't set yourself up for disappointment. Start small to PROVE TO YOURSELF that you can achieve a modest goal. When we achieve small victories our confidence grows which pushes us forward. Small wins add up and condition us for the big wins. If you see results in those first 3 months you know you are on the right track. You'll likely be amazed at what you can learn about business in 3 months especially if the information you are receiving is quality.
A Simple Plan To Your First 20 Students
Getting your first 20 students is not hard but it does require a commitment from you. Let me break it down in to pure numbers. You will need approximately 40 inquiries if 50% signup. To get 50 inquiries you need to get your marketing in front of about 40,000 people. Your marketing does need to be well designed of course but if done right you'll get the result. To get in front of 40,000 people you have a few choices. For example I recommend Facebook ads or Google Adwords or local flyer distribution. These are all well tested and proven but I stress YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT AD CAMPAIGN. Poorly designed ads will not work.
Designing Your Ad Campaign
An ad campaign consists of several factors from the ad design itself to demographics, timing, offer etc. Getting all this right is very much a science and art and generally takes years of experience and trial and error to get maximum results. You can take the long road and test ad campaign designs yourself or you can save time and use one thats already proven itself.
Presenting The G4 GUITAR FAST TRACK To Your First 20 Students
G4 GUITAR has a long history (over 30 years) in the business of teaching guitar. When it comes to ad campaigns for guitar students no one knows the business like we do. Our proven ad campaigns are consistent winners and can work for anyone. By following not just our ad campaign layouts but our general business philosophies you'll reach your 20 students in 3 months and be well on your way to FREEDOM.
What's The Deal?
There are several options depending on what you feel you need. Some teachers just want some advice while others want tools and yet others want a full support and a proven plan. Each to their own as they say. We offer various options (see below) to cater to your particular needs. We have the advice in the form of training, the tools in terms of a complete method of teaching and software to manage your operation and, full support if you need it. Here are some of the products and services we offer.
- Marketing. G4 will help you to FIND students. More students than you'll probably need through effective, tested and proven marketing strategies.
- Sales Training: It doesn't matter how good a guitar teacher you are if you lack sales skills. I would say poor sales skills are the main reason guitar teachers struggle but the more to it. The fact is, selling anything requires a well crafted script. At G4 we have spent many years developing our script which is backed up with training to ensure a high success rate.
- Teaching. G4 is a complete program that will not only make your teaching easy but, will save hundreds of hours in lesson planning while also ensure your students learn to play guitar successfully.
- Student Management Application: A comprehensive software package 'exclusive' to G4 GUITAR. One of the biggest challenges today for all of us is staying organised. Technology now offers many great apps for music teachers but finding the perfect one for guitar teachers is near impossible. At G4 we have created the G4 Guitar Teacher Student Management App (SMA) that will help you to not just stay organised but to save time and energy and ultimately be more productive.
- Training & Support: The value of any training can't be overstated. Studies show that the investment you make today in training will pay off for you many times over. Most guitar teachers do not seek out training so the 1% who do end up dominating their competition.
- Retaining students. G4 will help you to retain students. Most teachers complain that they lose students too soon. They often believe the problem is the student but the truth is, the problem is usually their program and lack of training.
- Getting Referrals: The fastest way to grow your guitar teaching business is through referrals. Believe or not there are strategies you can use to increase referrals. We will teach you how to increase your numbers and ultimately grow your students numbers quickly.
The Secret to Success is LEVERAGE
Did you know?
- Guitar teachers are among the LOWEST INCOME EARNERS?
- ONLY a very small percentage will ever EARN OVER $100,000 per year?
- The HIGHEST EARNERS are NOT necessarily more talented, experienced or even luckier than you?
LOW and HIGH Income Earners
There are 2 KINDS of guitar teachers. The high earners (the small minority) and the low earners (the great majority). While you might think the difference in earnings is based on experience, skill or just plain luck NONE of these reasons are accurate. What separates the HIGH EARNERS from the low earning majority is LEVERAGE.
The Secret to Success is LEVERAGE
What is LEVERAGE?
Leverage in our case means SERVING MORE people with LESS EFFORT. Almost every successful business uses leverage in one way or another. Leverage and technology are synonymous. All technology is really about getting more productivity for less effort. If you are not applying leverage in your business you will be at a distinct disadvantage. To be financially successful as a guitar teacher YOU MUST LEVERAGE by doing the following;
HIGH earners understand LEVERAGE
Most guitar teachers FAIL to earn a decent income from teaching because THEY DON'T LEVERAGE. In other words, they TEACH ONE STUDENT AT A TIME. This would be like a professional musician playing to one person at a time or a restaurant only serving one table at a time. IT'S ABSURB yet the majority of guitar teachers operate this way. Successful bands like Metallica wouldn't be where they are today by playing in front of one person at a time. They are constantly leveraging themselves by playing to large audiences as well as playing video clips on TV and other media.
LEVERAGE your teaching
Group teaching is the key to leveraging your teaching and its the only way (apart from charging $100+ per 30 min lesson) you'll ever earn $100,000 per year! In almost every industry the HIGHEST EARNERS are those who SERVE THE MOST PEOPLE. The highest paid sports stars, musicians, actors etc are the ones with the most fans. They reach the most people. The HIGHEST PAID guitar teachers are the ones who TEACH in GROUPS.
GROUP Teaching is not hard but requires a DIFFERENT skill set
Group teaching is VERY DIFFERENT to private teaching. It requires organisation and structured systems and that do take considerable time and effort work. YEARS in fact but don't let that scare you off just year. Once again you can and should APPLY LEVERAGE to save you valuable time and energy so you can FOCUS on teaching and be earning $100,000 per year sooner.
GET PAID $100,000 Teaching Less Than 20 Hours Per Week!
IMAGINE earning $100,000+ per year working LESS than 20 hours per week doing EXACTLY what you LOVE! While it may sound too good to be true let me assure you IT'S VERY POSSIBLE via group teaching. The BIGGEST barrier to your success is YOU! Most people get stuck in life because they get stuck on an idea. STOP BELIEVING PRIVATE LESSONS are the only way to teach guitar successfully. The SOONER you break out of that mindset the sooner you'll be EARNING MORE and WORKING LESS.
LEVERAGE your time
What does an average private guitar teacher earn anyway? While many 'charge' about $30 per 30 minute lesson the reality is they EARN LESS THAN $12 per hour for their time. For years I thought what I was charging was what I was earning but one day I WOKE UP! You must account for MISSED and UNPAID lessons, holidays, preparation time and operational costs like rent, insurance, advertising etc. I calculated that most private guitar teachers really EARN UNDER $12 per hour when you account for all of the above. Thats LESS than minimum wage. Thats CRAZY!
LEVERAGE your experience
"Smart people learn from their mistakes. Wise people learn from other's mistakes"
You can spend years at the school of 'hard knocks' or you can take a shortcut and learn from the experience of others. One book can literally be full of decades of experience. As they say 'the more you learn the more you earn'. If you want to leverage experience read books, attend courses and seek out mentors. To test your current standing in this regard ask yourself the following questions;
- How many business, marketing or sales courses have you attended?
- How many books have you read on the topic of business, marketing and sales?
- How much time have you spent with a business coach talking about your business?
Some of the Benefits of G4 GUITAR
- Teacher Training - You will also gain access to our comprehensive guitar teacher training website. This includes full access to the G4 GUITAR METHOD along with our complete business plan and business training. You'll find everything you need to operate a successful guitar teaching business in one place including how to find, teach and keep students long term.
- Business Training - Your guitar teaching is only a part of the success equation. Having a proven business plan, marketing plan and the general business skills to be successful are critical.
- G4 GUITAR METHOD - will give you a complete set of resources for teaching guitar saving you many many hours and making your job easy.
- Support - You can ask questions anytime via email or in our 'Member Only' group on Facebook. We are here to support you in whatever way you need to ensure your success.
- Student Management Application - We have a complete dedicated software package that will help you manage your students and your business. The package allows you to operate a timetable, print certificates, track inquiries, run reports and more. This is unique to G4 GUITAR.
- Much More - There are many other benefits but we hope the above gives you an idea of the enormous value of membership.
LEVERAGE our Student Management Application
Included in our Franchise Membership is the G4 GUITAR Student Management Application is a highly sophisticated FileMaker application designed to run a large portion of your guitar teaching business. The application is a CRM (Customer Relationship Management), Student Timetable, Customized Printing, Student & Business Report and more all in one. Watch the video below for a quick overview.
LEVERAGE our experience
“After 10 years, only 16 percent of existing start-ups are still in business." - Katie Fagan (FranNet)
Business is hard. REALLY HARD! Most businesses WILL FAIL and even the ones that survive will barely make ends meet. I was personally troubled to see so many good guitar teachers STRUGGLING TO FIND STUDENTS so I created the G4 GUITAR SCHOOLS Franchise to LEVERAGE my experience. I came to understand that the reason so many guitar teachers struggle was due to a feeling of being OVERWHELMED. There is simply too much to do and know for anyone guitar teacher trying to compete and succeed. My goal is to help guitar teachers reduce the workload and leverage to EARN MORE & WORK LESS.
LEVERAGE our resources
G4 GUITAR is a complete guitar teaching and business system that makes it EASY to EARN $100,000 per year or more by teaching students in groups. No other system is as comprehensive or as well tested as G4 GUITAR.
Developing an effective system for teaching guitar and running your business takes years, even decades especially if you plan to group teach. SAVE YOURSELF the hassle by leveraging our investment so you can focus on the actual teaching and day to day running of your business. The G4 GUITAR approach is about offering an easy-to-follow complete method for teachers to ultimately SAVE YOU TIME AND MONEY. We strongly believe that without a system or method of teaching with clear benchmarks students will lack a sense of progress which is a vital component of success.
David Hart has dedicated his life to guitar teaching, and has a wealth of practical knowledge to share. Support this guy, and you'll be supporting thousands of aspiring guitar teachers who will benefit from David's wealth of knowledge. Do yourselves a favour, and study David's book, and avoid the trial and error of figuring it all out for yourself.
G4 GUITAR Pillars To Success
3 Pillars To Guitar Teaching Success
- A Business Plan. The G4 GUITAR METHOD provides you with a proven business plan with specific goals and instructions for both you and your students to provide reliable and predictable results.
- Teacher & Business Training. G4 GUITAR offers teachers comprehensive training not just as teachers but as entrepreneurs. Our aim is to ensure all G4 GUITAR teachers are of the highest standard to ensure both teacher and student the best outcome.
- Systems. In today's competitive world operating without systems puts you at a huge disadvantage. When you have solid working systems in place your business will run smoothly allowing you to grow and earn $100,000 per year.
I highly value everything that you are doing for me, and the entire G4 network! I am very excited for what comes next for us all!
Oxnard CA, USA
The POWER Of Structure
Henry Ford famously said "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” We need to listen to what students want to ensure we are understanding their goals but, we need to be careful about asking them for the best plan. A pilot solves the problem of getting passengers from A to B but, they should NOT be listening to the passengers when it comes to flying the plane. Doctors asking what medicine you would like to take for your illness could also be potentially fatal. The best products and services in almost any category follow this advice. The best car makers do not take customer requests. Think Ferrari, Mercedes and even Toyota. The best chefs do not take advice from diners. Steve Jobs did not ask people what they wanted a smart phone to look like. Its true that many people want 'made to order' but the best companies rarely 'make to order'. They instead, focus all their energy on designing a great product. The reason we value structure is because it solves the problem of learning/teaching guitar by making it easy for our teachers and students to be clear about what steps to take.
Why does having a 'SENSE OF PROGRESS' matter?
Studies show a 'sense of progress' is the number one determinant of whether someone persists or quits. This has been shown in everything from fitness to career to relationships to playing games. A sense of progress gives us hope. If we don't feel a sense of progress our natural response is to quit which is why so many guitar students quit. An important element to gaining a sense of progress is having a system of measurement. One study showed that people who weighed themselves daily were less likely to gain weight and more likely to stick to their fitness program. Karate in Japan is only two belts. White and black. It was the US Marines who decided to add a series of coloured belts to create a sense of progress from white to black belt. As a result they were able to dramatically reduce the time it took to achieve a black belt. At G4 we have done much the same with guitar by carefully designing levels and checklists. Students get a sense of progress and when we first introduced the checklists back in 2005 even I was surprised by how quickly students progressed and how student dropouts became a rare event.
G4 GUITAR is NOT for every teacher
G4 GUITAR is for those teachers who want and appreciate structure and who are willing to work to our program. We have created a complete teaching and business system design to give you the best chance of success based on decades of experience but for it to work, you need to follow it. G4 is ideally suited to the teacher who want to follow a proven plan.
The support here is amazing.
Adelaide South Australia
G4 GUITAR is 'NOT' for you if...
- You don't like structure. We understand some guitar teachers like to do things in their own way which is great but, for our system to work for you its important to follow our recommendations.
- You don't like teaching skills. G4 is a skills based program. If your approach is to teach students only song requests without skills you probably won’t like G4.
- You don't want to earn $100k per year or more. G4 is designed to help you earn more than average teachers via group teaching. Our goals is for you to own a business not a job.
- You are looking for a get-rich-quick scheme - While we know our plan works if you stick to it all good things take time.
G4 GUITAR TEACHER PLANS
What You Get
- Teacher Member Training Site - You will also gain access to our comprehensive guitar teacher training website. This includes full access to the G4 GUITAR METHOD along with our complete business plan and business training. You'll find everything you need to operate a successful guitar teaching business in one place including how to find, teach and keep students long term.
- Support - We have different levels of support. Basic support means you can email a question about the teacher training only with a maximum of one support email per month. Mastery support means you can ask questions on teaching, business, marketing and the Student Management Application with 5 support emails per month. Franchise is unlimited support and your questions will be answered personally by David Hart.
- Student Management Application - Using Filemaker. Note, you will need to purchase a FileMaker license to use the Student Management Application file. For details visit https://www.filemaker.com. We have a complete dedicated software package that will help you manage your students and your business. The package allows you to operate a timetable, print certificates, track inquiries, run reports and more. This is unique to G4 GUITAR and is SUPERIOR to any student management software anywhere. We regularly updating the file based on feedback. Under the Basic package you can have your file updated once a year whereas with the Mastery or Franchise you can get your file updated once a month.
- Basic Program - Our Basic Program gives you access to the Teacher Training which is a great place to start. You'll be able to immediately start implementing the many strategies we have developed from over 30 years of research.
- Mastery Program - Our Mastery Program will allow you access to the business training plus you will be able to teach using the G4 GUITAR METHOD. You are not permitted to advertise as a G4 GUITAR teacher or school but you are welcome to use the G4 GUITAR METHOD materials in your lessons. We also include a dedicated WordPress website with the awesome software 'Thrive Themes' included.
- G4 GUITAR METHOD Franchise License - Our Franchise licence allows you to sell and promote the G4 GUITAR METHOD both offline and online. This means you can teach G4 in your studio and promote yourself as a G4 GUITAR SCHOOL. You also get to sell the G4 GUITAR METHOD ONLINE which a complete program of online lessons where students anywhere in the world will pay you a monthly subscription. In short it allows you to generate a PASSIVE INCOME
- Facebook Ads (Done For You) - Facebook is now the most popular website on the Internet. We have been using Facebook Ads basically since the beginning. We know what works and how to get you the most enquiries for the least amount of money. You can expect a minimum of one enquiry per $100 spent. Remember that if you follow our recommendation every new student will pay you $99 upfront. This means Facebook ads practically pay for themselves upfront but the longterm return could be 5x, 10x or even more. It really depends on you but either way its a great investment.